Light up your spirit and discover your true self. Learn to teach, connect, uncover, explore. There's no time like now, your adventure is calling.
If you aspire to teach, you're in good company: Since the start of our NEW Pilates training school in 2015, we’ve had much success with graduates of the training become ATY Pilates teachers!! We want you to master the fundamentals, so completing our program will mark the beginning of your successful career as a Pilates teacher!
OUR 100-HOUR PILATES TEACHER TRAINING CURRICULUM INCLUDES:
• Confidence and strength in your Pilates & Reformer practice and daily life
• Study of Pilates & Reformer Poses (proper alignment, benefits and potential risks)
• Principles of Pilates anatomy
• An In-depth View of the Mat Pilates & Reformer Pilates Series
• How to observe bodies & avoid injury
• Informed use of props and reformer machines to improve or modify a posture
• Cultivating your voice
• Confidence-building through practice teaching
• Pilates history and philosophy
• Correct Sequencing for Mat Pilates & Reformer Classes
• Experience: We've refined our comprehensive Pilates curriculum with expert staff & highly experienced Pilates Teachers
• Intelligent Sequencing: Learn the teaching style and sequencing of our personalized ATY PILATES & REFORMER classes.
• Learn to truly teach: Our program isn't about memorizing and reciting sequences – we use that to ease into the practice of teaching. Instead an emphasis is placed on sharing your experiences and your love for the Pilates practice like we do.
• Find Yourself: We give you the space and opportunity to find your own teaching style.
• Recognition: With legacy that includes ATY teachers across the entire Inland Empire, our Training program is recognized city-wide and has an excellent reputation for producing experienced, knowledgeable, and highly advanced teachers!
• Pilates Textbook & Reading Material
• Unlimited Classes for the duration of your training
• ATY Pilates Training Manual & Lecture Materials
• ATY Pilates Certification for 100hr Level
• Open Audition for teaching position at any ATY Locations
• Manduka ProLite Mat
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR THE PROGRAM?
You can now sign up online! Check out the schedule of our trainings from our schedule page and click the Sign up button! You will have the opportunity to pay your deposit or full payment, to reserve your spot. We will follow up within 48 hours of receiving your payment with your training welcome materials. A $500 deposit is due upon enrollment to hold your spot. Your payment is due in full by the early registration date in order to receive the discounted rate. Full payment is required a week before the start of the program unless a payment plan has been previously arranged.
WHAT STYLE OF YOGA IS THE Addicted to Yoga TEACHER TRAINING?
Addicted to Yoga is an Ashtanga based school that teaches a method that balances precise instruction, detailed alignment, breath and fluid movement. Classes are carefully themed to deepen the students’ experience of Yoga. A flow of Sun Salutations and postures are skillfully sequenced, and modifications and props are used to individualize the practice for each student. The Addicted to Yoga Teacher Training Program is based on this clear and effective style of the Ashtanga Yoga practice. The Ashtanga Yoga practice is suitable for students of all levels.
HOW PROFICIENT IN YOGA DO I HAVE TO BE TO DO THE 200-HOUR PROGRAM?
We require that you have a minimum of 3 months of a consistent yoga practice before enrolling in our teacher training program. We want to make sure that trainees have a basic foundation in the Ashtanga yoga postures before learning how to teach. Please be aware that each training day includes a vigorous two + hour primary series class.
WHAT WILL I LEARN IN THE 100 & 200-HOUR addicted to Yoga TEACHER TRAINING?
In addition to making lifelong friends and deepening your experience of ashtanga yoga, you will study the following topics in depth:
• Asana - learn the safe and intelligent way to perform poses
• Alignment - with modifications, variations and the proper use of props
• Sequencing - how to design dynamic, effective and intelligent sequences for all levels
• Working with different kinds of bodies/students
• How to observe bodies in practice
• Working with injuries and limitations
• Hands on adjustments
• Practice teaching
• In-depth Anatomy
• Pranayama & Meditation – breathing & relaxtion techniques
• Sanskrit translations
• The History and Philosophy of Yoga (Yoga Sutras of Patanjali)
• Prenatal Yoga
• The business of Yoga and how to be successful as a teacher
WHAT IF I DON'T WANT TO BE A TEACHER?
No problem! Our 100 hour training is ideal for those who want to dive deeper into the study of yoga, and to improve their own practice. It's also great for students who simply want to have a transformational experience and to be a part of our thriving ATY Community.
I HAVE AN INJURY/SPECIAL CONDITION – CAN I TAKE THIS COURSE?
We recommend that you check with your physician first and must sign a waiver stating that you are able to take the class. With your doctor’s permission and release, minor physical limitations can also serve as helpful demonstrations to learn to work with students with similar limitations.
CAN I TAKE THIS TRAINING IF I’M PREGNANT?
We have had many pregnant students in our programs. It all depends on how you are feeling. All students should first check with their doctor to make sure they are clear to take this training.
WHAT IS ADdicted to yoga TEACHER TRAINING CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY?
For Addicted to Yoga Trainings: $500 deposit is due upon enrollment to hold your spot. If you cancel 30 days before the start of the program you will forfeit $250 of your deposit and the remaining balance will be refunded. If you cancel 14-30 days before of the start of the program, you will forfeit your entire deposit and any remaining balance will be refunded. These fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. If you cancel within 14 days before the start of the program or do not attend the program, the entire deposit and program tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable. Once the program begins the program tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable.
WHAT ARE THE 200-HOUR GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS?
In order to graduate the program you must be paid in full and fulfill the following requirements:
• Attendance of in-class lecture sessions – make up sessions are available
• Successful completion of homework, quizzes, in-class and take-home final exams (don’t worry, you will be will prepared!)
• Participation in a final in-class practice teaching practicum
• Completion of class taking requirement (select weekend formats only)
CAN I PRACTICE AT YOUR STUDIOS DURING TRAINING?
When you enroll for a 100 or 200-Hour program at a Addicted to Yoga studio, you will have access to all regularly scheduled classes at one of our ADDICTED TO YOGA branded studio for 3 months, starting on the first day of your training (certain limits may apply). This benefit does not include workshops, other training programs and does not apply at partner studios.
IS THERE A MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT TO TAKE THE TRAINING?
You must be at least 16 years old to take the teacher training (exceptions apply – please inquire if you’re younger than 16). If you are between 16 and 18 years old it is required that we receive approval from the trainer and written consent from your legal guardian 30 days before the start of the training.
ARE ANY BOOKS AND MATERIALS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THE 100 and 200-HOUR TEACHER TRAINING?
All Addicted to Yoga Teacher Training Manuals are included. As a trainee, you will receive a 15% discount off any additional books or videos you’d like to purchase from our in-studio boutiques!
HOW MANY STUDENTS ARE ENROLLED IN EACH TEACHER TRAINING AT ONE TIME?
We typically have 4-6 individuals in our trainings but some classes can be larger. We try to limit the attendees to create a more individualized training program for each student. We like small sized classes for the purpose of unique individualized attention!
WHAT IS THE 100 and 200-HOUR ATTENDANCE AND CLASS MAKE-UP POLICY?
Yoga Alliance requires that you complete all 200 hours of the teacher training. However, we understand that sometimes conflicts come up, and we have developed the make-up policy listed below. Please note that you can miss a maximum of 20 training hours, and you will have one year from the last day of your program to complete your attendance requirements. If you miss more than 20 hours or do not complete your make up hours within one year, you will receive a not passing status and will be required to pay in full to retake the training. If you make-up the hours you will not be required to pay to retake any of our offered training programs.
You have the following two options for making up your missed time:
Option 1: Schedule a private session with your trainer at some point during the program. More than 1 hour private session will incur the private session fee of $95 per hour.
• 1 hour private = 1-4 hours of missed time
• 1.5 hour private = 5-6 hours of missed time
• 2 hour private = 7-8 hours of missed time
• 2.5 hour private = 9-10 hours of missed time
• 3 hour private = 11-13 hours of missed time
Please note: Private make up sessions are only an option during your current training and are not an option once the program is complete.
Option 2: You can attend the days you missed in an upcoming training of the same format in another Addicted to Yoga training, free of additional class training charge. You have one year from your program end date to complete your make up classes. You must inform the training director prior to your attendance in the training dates.
Please note that if you miss over 20 hours, you will not pass the program and will be required to pay in full to retake the program.
MAKE UP POLICY FOR mentor ASSISTING AND CLASS TAKING
All assisting and class taking requirements must be completed to pass the mentor segment of the program. Your class taking and assisting forms are to be turned into your mentor once you are finished.
• You will have 6 months from the program end date to complete any assisting and class taking make ups. Please note that your unlimited class package will still end the last day of the training but you can continue to mentor for the following 6 months and your mentor classes will be included. If you would like to start attending regular classes again after the end date of your training a package must be purchased to attend classes.
• If you're assisting and class taking requirements are not completed within 6 months of the program end date you will not pass the apprenticeship portion of the program (unless you have been granted an extension in advance).
It is important to honor your commitment to both your mentor and the students of the class you are assisting. If you are going to miss a class, make sure to notify your mentor in advance.
WHAT IS THE YOGA ALLIANCE?
Yoga Alliance is an organization that was started in 1999 as a way to create nationally recognized standards for yoga teachers and yoga teacher trainings in the US. More and more yoga studios across the country are requiring their teachers to register with the Yoga Alliance, either at the 200-Hour or 500-Hour level. Yoga Alliance registration, however, is not a legal requirement for teaching yoga. Currently there are no legal certification requirements to be a yoga teacher. The Addicted to Yoga Trainings are approved at the Yoga Alliance 200-Hour and 500-Hour level in the United States.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR GETTING HIRED TO TEACH AT AN ADDICTED TO YOGA STUDIO?
Addicted to Yoga seeks a diverse, committed, and well-trained faculty who uphold our high standard of quality for safe, effective and accessible teaching in the field of yoga. The process to teach at Addicted to Yoga starts with an audition held by the Addicted to Yoga teacher managers and at least one senior teacher. Please note that being hired at Addicted to Yoga, or at any institution, is not only a matter of completing a training, but of the right teaching fit for that studio as well as the availability of openings on the schedule. It is never guaranteed.